Monday, June 13, 2011

Samuel Wanjru's burial, from a Locals perspective

  The curtains finally came down when the aforementioned deceased athlete was laid to rest. He was a local hero gone to soon. As i am not a fan of sensational news or events so amidst or the pressure and the roadside gossip i decided to give his burial a wide berth as I always do to almost all burials and weddings. That the Wanjiru's kinsmen including his maternal granfather who is some sort of custodian of kikuyu customs are known to me did not spur me to go to his burial.
   However I heard my ears on the groun am sort of the guy who at times trusts peoples eyes over my own, this is because others see things inteprate them and start yapping. While idle I don't exactly shoo yappers away, so on Saturday i head of to a very small township, very small I insist (Rurii) and get myself into a tea house, I go to this tea houses mostly to read the dailies, listen to yappers and enlightn some of them. On the particular day the ka-township was almost empty until the mourners like returned from the funeral at around 17.00 hrs.
     From what I gather most mourners had gone for the soul purpose of viewing the ornate casket. They were amazed and wondered for how long it would house its occupier before being story. Other mourners had gone to fish for conspiracy, sort of know if indeed the deceased was murdered as this is the most popular conspiracy theory around here, and if so who murdered him and for what reason. Other mourners though simply wanted to know what will happen to his seemingly collossal estate. They wondered if indeed the deceased family would re-posses numerous tractors and Mistubishi FHs that Wanjiru had lent out to his cousin. The bluh bluh continued and I am sort of glad the burial is over for I was beginning to choke on the this sort of news.

I sort of consider all educated youth or semi-educated who biked or hiked to the funeral idle and that is gross, for a I am one desperately idle young man with nothing to do but watch second rate Tanzanian channels for entertainment all day.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home