Thursday, May 19, 2011

Samuel Wanjru; his women brought him down

I try as much as possible to avoid contemporary sensational news. Well i have tried to avoid this on but everyone has their breaking point and i have finally given in. I have been walking the streets with ears wide open eager to grasp gossip and about the deceased death. I might as well take this opportunity to claim my share of fame. I know his grandfather, very stupid of me.

Back to the issue of the day. The aforementioned venerable marathoner has left us to be with the Lord. What does not escape me is the parrarels that can be drawn between Wanjiru's predicament with that that befell former national Cricket team captain a certain Tom Odumbe. Odumbe was a prolific cricketer but his life came apart at the seams when Odumbe was hit with a very lengthy ban by the international cricket body for alleged match fixing. I remember the very conspicuous headlines in the dailies that captured the man's indignation; "My women brought me down". Apparently while Odumbe had the chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the world Wanjiru sadly does not have such a chance. His life reveolved around the axis that was the women in his life; his wife, his mother and others. The lack of an impressionable male figure in his life connived to ensure that he never had to establish as an astute character that was supposed to head a family, vast resources and thyself.

To fallen hero i have my hat off.

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so terribly dissapointed by him. May he soul R.I.P

 
At May 20, 2011 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

may his soul rest in peace, i only hope that other blooming stars wont dare tread the path taken by Wanjiru.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home