Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Give it Up for The Maina Obed, The Most Honest of beings I have Come Across.


I went to so nondescript High School, Leshau Boy's School in Nyahuru. The School though helped shape the not so nondescript me and many others who went through the School. We were as small District school, we could hit above our weight also. I have nostalgic memories of the school, the meals, the community, but above all what rings and lingers in my mind was the constant hope that was in abundance in the school. The belief that 'Tomorrow was always going to be a better day.' The belief in our abilities as men, the belief that we could posses the world if we wanted to. The belief that we would be what we were destined to be in society. Yet a much more colossal figure than Maina Obed (MO) teacher for history and geography could can never be found. Once punished me for telling a lie, that i had placed a notice to all the form 4 classes while i had posted it only two. what he told me that day lingers in my mind since today. "Alex you are going to become an important man in society," he started, "a lawyer perhaps, i shall have failed in my duty as teacher if i let someone who'll shape society leave school with a dishonest soul." Needless to say he proceeded to proffer a punishing under which i was supposed to weed the academic quadrangle with nothing more than a pair of shorts and a vest in broad daylight. Yet today more than i ever i know i am turning into the man he wanted me to become, i am not a lawyer nor an important man but i will be at least of these things. for the constancy of hope still lingers in me all the years through. Today more than ever I know that I will be the man he wanted me (us) to be. I will impact society, i shall not the faith he had in me (us) down. Rest in Eternal Peace, Maina Obed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home